At Forestry, we’re helping people build a better web. Our Developer Evangelist’s mission is to spread the word among developers about how Forestry and modern JAMstack development can help us achieve this. If you love the JAMstack, keep up with modern development practices and are involved in the web development community, this could be the perfect role for you.
This is a key role at Forestry as you’ll not only spread the word about Forestry & the JAMstack, but will be part of a core team developing our dev relations & marketing efforts from the ground up. There is a lot of room for growth in this role.
This is a remote role, but preference may be given to candidates located in major North American cities in order to simplify travel.
What You’ll Do
- Teach people about Forestry.io and modern web development by:
- Speaking at events
- Writing blog posts/tutorials for the Forestry blog
- Writing blog posts/tutorials for 3rd party publications
- Speaking on podcasts/videos
- Creating educational code projects (open source or other) to show what you can do with the JAMstack
- Stay up-to-date with modern web development practices and the needs of developers
- Interact with developers in the Forestry.io community and other online communities
- Work with the product team to help guide the design of new features
- Create technical docs or assist with the writing of technical docs
To Be Successful In This Role, You’ll Need
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Willingness to travel and speak publicly (see intro paragraph if you’re not yet comfortable speaking publicly)
- Enthusiasm and passion for the web and web development
- Experience in Web development, including:
- Legacy CMSs (sorry) such as WordPress, Drupal, etc
- Frontend and/or backend development
- Static site generators such as Gatsby, Hugo, etc.
- Git, Continuous Integration, build processes, etc.
- Headless CMSs, both Git-backed and API-based
Helping people build a better web.
Forestry.io is creating a Git-backed content management system (CMS) focused on the JAMstack. We’re passionate about the web and value quality engineering and design. Our HQ is located in Canada, and we have a remote-friendly culture with over 50% of our team working from around the world. We’re looking for people who want to join us in building a truly world-class company and CMS.
Each job posting has a list of things that we think will help the candidate be successful. You don’t need to be a “rockstar” at everything on day 1. In fact, humility, initiative & positive attitude are more important and we’re willing to help you acquire skills that you may be lacking. Keep that in mind when considering whether to apply.
We invite interested candidates to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include your:
- Cover Letter
- Include why you’re interested in working specifically with Forestry
- LinkedIn or other relevant social accounts that describe your professional experience
- Links to your personal website, blog or portfolios, if available and applicable