Hiring: Technical Support Person
Technical Support Person
Forestry.io is a content management system for static websites that are built with tools like Jekyll, Hugo and Gatsby (static site generators). Developers around the world are leaving WordPress and Drupal for more secure, performant, static sites and Forestry allows their non-technical teams to manage content. Forestry takes a Git-based approach to content management. When content is edited in Forestry, all updates are saved as commits in the Git repo for that site.
- Communicating with users in our support tool and online chat (slack) to help solve their problems and help them get set up with the software
- Communicating the issues experienced by our users with our team.
- Filing bug reports/feature requests
- Improving our software documentation
An ideal candidate would have the following characteristics:
- A “people person”. You’re not the type of person to get easily frustrated by others, you don’t take things personally, and you have a great deal of compassion.
- You’re pretty technical, but not a full on programmer. You can do some light HTML coding and can understand the nuances of web development (how to set up hosting, buy a domain name, etc).
Extra consideration will be given for candidates that:
- Understand how Git works
We are open to remote candidates.
Interested candidates, please contact email@example.com