Software Engineer (Rails/React)
At Forestry, we’re helping people build a better web. Our Software Engineer’s mission is to help build a CMS for the next era of the web. If you’re aligned with our mission, enjoy solving complex problems, and like shipping features with a cross-functional team, this could be the perfect role for you.
We are looking for an engineer who can have an impact across our stack -from our Rails back-end to our React front-end. In depth experience with both frameworks is not required, but the more experience with these or similar frameworks, the better.
We strive to create a workplace that enables mastery, autonomy, and purpose (from Daniel Pink’s work).
This is a remote role.
What You’ll Do
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and suggest and implement solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Work on a cross-functional team, providing input to and helping out in areas beyond coding (helping define requirements, testing, technical documentation)
To Be Successful In This Role, You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years experience building and designing web applications
- Experience developing with Rails and/or React
- To be driven by solving hard problems and taking ownership over development tasks
- To take initiative and suggest solutions and improvements
- A solid understanding and appreciation for automated tests
- To be proficient in the English language, both written and verbal
Extra consideration will be given for candidates that:
- Have experience with static site generators
- Have a passion for the solving the needs of our users
Helping people build a better web.
Forestry.io is creating a Git-backed content management system (CMS) focused on the JAMstack. We’re passionate about the web and value quality engineering and design. Our HQ is located in Canada, and we have a remote-friendly culture with over 50% of our team working from around the world. We’re looking for people who want to join us in building a truly world-class company and CMS.
Each job posting has a list of things that we think will help the candidate be successful. You don’t need to be a “rockstar” at everything on day 1. In fact, humility, initiative & positive attitude are more important and we’re willing to help you acquire skills that you may be lacking. Keep that in mind when considering whether to apply.
We invite interested candidates to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include your:
- Cover Letter
- Include why you’re interested in working specifically with Forestry
- LinkedIn or other relevant social accounts that describe your professional experience
- Links to your personal website, blog or portfolios, if available and applicable