At Forestry, we’re helping people build a better web. Our UX Designer/Developer’s mission is to design and build interfaces and features that delight our users. If you obsess over design and user experience, this could be the perfect role for you.
This is an important role as you’ll be our second full-time designer and will have a major impact on the design of our products going forward. You’ll be part of a small, growing team and have ample opportunity to improve our design practices and systems. There is much room for you to grow along with us in this role.
This is a remote role.
What You’ll Do
- Wireframe and/or mock up designs for new features and improvements to existing features
- Create prototypes for testing of designs (Figma, Invision, etc)
- Build and maintain components in our design system (CSS)
- Participate in design reviews and user testing sessions
- Collaborate with the development team during project ideation, scoping & development
To Be Successful In This Role, You’ll Need
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for the web and web development
- Strong CSS skills
- Experience with visual design software such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, etc.
- A strong sense of usability and user-friendly design
- Experience in Web development, including:
- Legacy CMSs (sorry) such as WordPress, Drupal, etc
- Static site generators such as Gatsby, Hugo, etc
- Understanding of and experience with design systems
Helping people build a better web.
Forestry.io is creating a Git-backed content management system (CMS) focused on the JAMstack. We’re passionate about the web and value quality engineering and design. Our HQ is located in Canada, and we have a remote-friendly culture with over 50% of our team working from around the world. We’re looking for people who want to join us in building a truly world-class company and CMS.
Each job posting has a list of things that we think will help the candidate be successful. You don’t need to be a “rockstar” at everything on day 1. In fact, humility, initiative & positive attitude are more important and we’re willing to help you acquire skills that you may be lacking. Keep that in mind when considering whether to apply.
We are prioritizing candidates from groups that are underrepresented in the software industry.
We invite interested candidates to contact email@example.com and include your:
- Cover Letter
- Include why you’re interested in working specifically with Forestry
- LinkedIn or other relevant social accounts that describe your professional experience
- Links to your personal website, blog or portfolios, if available and applicable