Our team has been quite busy in the latest weeks with major architectural changes that will help our application better scale, and face our growing number of users. 💗
- Pro customers:
- Faster deployments of app updates
- Set default custom Docker image and protected previews
- Group branches in the dashboard: Branches from the same repository are now grouped, you can switch, remove, and transfer branches from a cleaner dashboard. Note: this does not change the fact that branches have to be added from your Git repository first, before being imported to Forestry.
- Snippets per section (opt-in): Teams looking to use different snippets per section have now the possibility to group snippets by mirroring the folder structure of their sections. For example, if you only want a snippet to appear in your posts section you can create a
.forestry/snippets/content/posts/figure.snippetin your repository.
- Instant Previews: Ruby + Bundler 1 environments to prevent errors on the installation phase for projects bundled with bundler v1.x. In the advanced settings use the following images:
Tip: Remove your
Gemfile.lockfrom your Git repository and switch to our default Ruby image if you want to use our default bundler v2.x env (faster dependencies install).
- Media: Refresh view after a media upload or deletion.
- Hugo: Invite you to add an empty
config.tomlfile at the root for projects using directory-based folders to bypass config check on import.
- Netlify Large Media: Swap netlify.com with the new netlify.app domain
- Yahoo! users get their invitation mail.
Thanks to all users that reported issues. Our team has planed a bug squash next week, stay tuned for more fixes and enhancements!
Caught a mistake or want to contribute to the docs? Edit this page on Github!