Hiring: Web Developer
We are looking for a technical, customer-facing Web Developer to work on our customer team, interfacing between our customers and our product teams. This key role will support the adoption of Forestry products (Tina CMS & Forestry CMS) in new organizations and help our product team understand the needs of our customers.
As the second hire of its kind at Forestry, there will be a lot of opportunities for impact and growth. We want to help our clients implement high-quality, successful Jamstack solutions, and this role will be front and center in that effort.
- This position is for a full-time employee.
- This is a remote role (UTC -8 to UTC -3). We do not offer Visa sponsorship or help with relocation at this time.
- Once the COVID-19 situation has passed, we expect this role to involve light travel (a handful of times per year) to client sites.
What you’ll do
- Become a technical product expert, evangelist, and coach.
- Help drive the technical aspects of the sale by building proof of concepts, assisting our clients integrating and implementing our products, demonstrating product expertise, and sharing best practices.
- Provide advice about architecting projects using the JAMstack (i.e. Netlify Vs AWS, Next.js vs GatsbyJS, image transformation, etc).
- Document technical needs/requirements & feedback for both our sales and product teams.
Who you are
- You have familiarity with Jamstack technologies and CMSs.
- You’ve spent at least 4 years (combined) in a sales engineering, development, or technical consulting role. Equivalent experience will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- You love to learn about new technology and you’re curious about how things work under the hood.
- You enjoy teaching and coaching others on technical solutions.
- You’ve effectively communicated with highly technical customers before.
- You’re fluent in English and a strong written communicator.
Bonus skills (optional)
- You have experience working with design systems and component libraries
- You have experience writing user stories, diagramming, and sharing technical requirements and vision
Forestry.io is on a mission to help people build a better web. We’re building a Git-backed content management system (CMS) and an open source site-editing toolkit (TinaCMS) -both focused on the Jamstack.
We’re a growing team, headquartered in PEI, Canada with roughly half our staff working remotely (we’re 100% remote during the COVID-19 situation). We take our time hiring, and we hire for the person, not simply for the role. We value respect and empathy and we strive to reflect those values in our hiring process.
Read more about our culture, values, hiring process and perks.
We value diversity of all kinds and strongly encourage applicants from under-represented groups in the software industry to apply.